At Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu, as part of our environmental measures, we clean the rooms of guests staying consecutive nights.
From May 1, 2023, it will be once every two nights.
At check-in, we will give you the following ecology card.
If you wish, we can give you new amenities and towels free of charge.
Additional cleaning on non-cleaning days is charged at 500 yen per person.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Q: Can you see Matsumoto Castle from your room?
A: There are a few rooms from which you can see Matsumoto Castle. There is also a terrace deck in the annex building where you can see the mountains from the Northern Alps and Matsumoto Castle during the afternoon. Additionally, Matsumoto Castle’s tower is lit up until 22:00 throughout the year, wherein the castle stands out in the darkness, so we recommend taking a look at different times.
Q: What kinds of goods does the hotel shop sell?
A: Our shop has a selection of products that we hope you’d like to take home as a souvenir, such as traditional crafts, the techniques of which have been passed down for generations, like Matsumoto temari or daruma, or modern glassware that combines glass and lacquerware made by craft artisans. We also provide many goods that guests can use from their rooms, such as our original nightwear and tatami-style slippers, as well as tabi socks with grips on the bottom for when visiting Matsumoto Castle, where you have to take off your shoes.
Q: Is it ok to send my luggage to the hotel before my arrival? Can I send my luggage from the hotel?
A: Luggage can be sent to and from the hotel.
Since it’s possible for luggage to be delayed due to bad weather, we also don’t mind if you decide to send your luggage in advance. Reception can hold on to your luggage and hand it to you upon your arrival.
390-0874 Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu 4-8-9 Ote, Matsumoto City, Nagano Prefecture
Please write your name and check-in date on the form.
*The process is possibly smoother if you bring your receipt.
*We do not accept luggage that’s paid for on arrival. We ask that you send luggage that’s been paid in advance.
Luggage can also be sent after checking out (advance payment only, within Japan).
We use Yamato Shipping.
Q: Is the hotel barrier free?
A: Unfortunately, the hotel isn’t completely barrier free, but we’ve made arrangements to make it as accessible as possible. There is a slope at the entrance, and in the main building there is an automated door leading to the lobby, elevators, and no steps leading up to the rooms. Since the annex building is an older building, there are some steps. If you need help you can feel free to ask any of the staff.
Q: Is there a space where I can smoke in the hotel?
A: All rooms are non-smoking. There is a smoking space on the first floor of the annex building.
Q: Does the hotel have a parking lot? Is there a fee?
A: There is paid parking at the hotel. The parking fee for a regular car is \880 per night (for fees for other sizes, please contact the hotel in advance). The parking space is outdoors. When you arrive, reception staff will lead you to the parking space.
Q: How long can I park for?
A: Parking is available from check-in (15:00) until check-out (11:00). For parking outside of the times written above, there may be an additional fee, so please contact the staff.
Q: From when does the cancellation fee take effect?
(For reservations from 1 to 14 guests)
Cancellation fees take effect from 3 days before the reservation.
We charge 20% for 3 days before the reservation, 20% for 2 days before, 30% the day before, 80% the day of, and 100% in the case of a no-show.
(For groups from 15 to 99 guests)
We charge 10% for 9 days before the reservation, 30% for 3 days before, 30% for 2 days before, 50% the day before, 80% the day of, and 100% in the of a no-show.
(For groups over 100 guests)
We charge 10% for 10 days before the reservation, 10% for 9 days before, 50% for 3 days before, 100% for 2 days before, 100% the day before, 100% the days of, and 100% in the case of a no-show.
Q: Is there a waiting list?
A: We apologize, there is no waiting list.
Q: Is there a shuttle service?
A: Our hotel has a shuttle service to and from Matsumoto Station. Advance reservation is required.
Departing Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu >> Arriving at Matsumoto Station
Departing at: 9:20 AM, 10:20 AM
Departing Matsumoto Station >> arriving at Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu
Departing at: 3:00 PM, 4:50 PM, 6:10 PM
*Note that there is a maximum occupancy limit at all of these times.
*Please contact us when registering for additional details on where to board at Matsumoto Station.
Q: How do I walk from Matsumoto Station?
A: The following are our recommended walking routes from Matsumoto Station:
- [ROUTE A] Pass by the longstanding Kaiundo shop, Yohashira Shrine, and Midoricho shopping arcade as you savor the retro atmosphere
- [ROUTE B] Take a rambling stroll through Nakamachi Street as you see the old castle town
- [ROUTE C] Pass by Matsumoto Castle, a national treasure, as you walk through Matsumoto’s main stree
Q: What’s the closest bus stop to the hotel?
A: The closest bus stop to the hotel is Agetsuchi-machi. You can take the Yokota-Shinshu University Loop Line, Asama Onsen via Shinshu University Line, or the Northern Town Sneaker city loop bus.
Q: How do you get to the airport by bus?
A: You can either take the direct line airport shuttle or the Airport・Asahi Line bus (departure every 30 to 80 minutes) from Matsumoto Station Bus Terminal.
To All Guests,
We’d like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu. Due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the entire country was ordered to enact a state of emergency, and even after lifting the state of emergency, we do not yet know the effects of COVID-19. Under this “New Lifestyle,” our hotel would like to proactively deal with this issue. In order to provide safety and peace of mind for our customers, all our staff will be contributing their full efforts. We would also like to ask our guests for their cooperation, so we kindly as for your understanding. If you have any concerns, please ask our staff at any time. We hope you enjoy your stay!
On Cleaning and Disinfecting the Hotel
- Disinfectant will be sprayed and wiped during cleaning hours.
- Windows will be opened to clear the air during cleaning hours.
- Television remotes, control panels, phones, etc. will be disinfected with ultraviolet light.
- Provision of amenities and bed making will be performed after staff disinfect their hands.
- After cleaning, rooms will be cleaned with a deodorizing machine and disinfected.
- Toilet disinfectant spray will be installed in all guest rooms’ restrooms.
- Each elevator’s buttons will be periodically disinfected with ultraviolet light.
*After using the elevators, we ask that you clean your hands with the alcohol based disinfectant located on each floor.
- Public restrooms will be washed every day and disinfected and cleaned up each hour.
- In order to circulate the air, windows will be left open in public areas.
On Use of the Public Bath
- There will be no change from the time of use, from 15:00~10:00 the following day.
- In order to prevent large groups, we ask for no more than 5 guests in the men’s bath and 5 guests in the women’s bath at the same time. Please check the number of slippers in the entrance before entering.
- A hypochlorous acid spray device will be installed in each changing room to disinfect the air.
- Staff will periodically clean and disinfect the changing rooms.
- Please maintain space when using the washing areas in the bathing room.
- Alcohol Spray will be placed next to the water cooler. Please disinfect your hands before drinking water.
On Use of the Restaurant
- Please disinfect your hands with the alcohol spray with the alcohol spray placed at the entrance.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
- In order to avoid the “Three Cs” (closed spaces, crowded places, close contact settings), please seat when directed by the staff.
- At present, we will be serving a Japanese Style Set Menu.
If you’d like a bento box prepared for your room, please let the front staff know by 18:00 the day before
- After finishing meals, tables will be wiped down with alcohol spray. The armrests of chairs, etc. will likewise be disinfected. In cases where the restaurant is full, it may take some time to prepare your table, so we kindly ask for your understanding.
- The café will also enact the same measures to prevent the “Three Cs.”
On Use of the Shop tsumugu
- Displayed products will be disinfected with ultraviolet light.
- Tables, desks, etc. will wiped down with alcohol or hypocholorous acid.
On Use of Other Hotel Facilities
- There are a number of guest facilities. Meeting spaces, coin laundry machines, vending machines, etc. that might not be regularly disinfected. These areas will be cleaned each day, however, since they can’t be disinfected after use by each guest, we ask to wash your hands and use alcohol disinfectant after use.
- The facilities mentioned above will be cleaned each day with alcohol disinfectant or ultraviolet light.
- A disinfectant mat will be placed at the entrance of the hotel. We kindly ask to disinfect your shoes before entering the hotel.
Although enacting all of the above policies, we cannot guarantee a 100% prevention of infection. However, we do believe this will reduce the risk of infection. In order to ensure the safety and peace of mind of all guests who come to stay, we kindly ask for your cooperation.